Posted by Sunil | Filed under Web Development
I started browsing with Internet Explorer. It was in early 2000’s. At that time I thought it is the only browser which I can connect to internet. I continue using Internet Explorer till the end of 2004! Since at that time I never checked any websites in any other browser.
Things changed in the beginning of 2005. I have joined a new company. Yes! I have fall in love with Firefox.
What makes me love Firefox browser?
- Plugins: Yes. It attracts me a lot. Plugins helps to develop a better a site or giving us some additional capabilities more than a browser like download managers, feeds management etc etc.
- We never get bored while browsing the site. Because we can change the look and feel using firefox themes or firefox personas.
- Safe and support.
In brief it is more safe, customizable and faster.
Microsoft now released their latest Internet Explorer 8. It is hard to the developers to maintain these different versions with in a short period of time. But it is happy to hear that Microsoft trying to follow the web standards!
But how the developers can manage with these versions? Either they can completely ignore the previous versions and go with the newer versions. Because newer version has better support. Otherwise, programmers have to use a lot of filters.
But now people start digging the grave of Internet Explorer 6.
If you are still support the older version of IE? You can use these sources
1. IE fixer. It will help to fix the IE6 related style issues.
3. IETester: Great software which will render the older / latest version of IE.
4. Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer